August 6, 2013 | Age Range: 9 and up | Series: The Caden Chronicles
The good news is, vampires aren’t real. The bad news is…you can’t believe the news.
Nick Caden is a normal fourteen-year-old kid with a “supernatural” knack for finding trouble, ghosts, vampires, and all sorts of undead–or so it seems.
After solving the ghost story murder at Deadwood Canyon, Nick lands a job as a roving reporter for The Cool Ghoul Gazette, a website on paranormal or supernatural disturbances. When the editor sends Nick to investigate a murder in Transylvania, North Carolina, the young super sleuth finds a corpse with fangs, bite marks and a stake driven through the heart. If Nick proves vampires are real, his job as an investigative journalist is set for life! But once he begins to peel back the clues surrounding the mystery of Skull Creek Nick finds his new job is not only scary and dangerous but about to suck the life out of him.
The Skull Creek Stakeout – a story middle-readers and adults can sink their teeth into.
The Caden Chronicles – winner of the 2013 Selah award for Young Adult fiction.
About The Caden Chronicles Series
Social networking has changed the way young people communicate. Can we keep books in “their” loop? According to KidSay Market Researchers, Facebook is now the favorite website among tween (8-11) boys and teen (12-15) girls. Over 90% of tween boys and girls play games online. Could an adventure mystery series that plays off today’s fascination with the paranormal be the perfect antidote to the adolescent blank-stare fascination with video games?
“I want to give middle school readers (boys especially) a compelling story they can fall into, one that spurs their imagination and gets them jazzed about reading and using their creative gifts.”
* Mystery adventure based on the paranormal fascination that exposes the myths and lies of the occult
* Spur discussion on spirits, souls, ghosts, the undead, vampires, etc…
* Seeks to get parents and kids talking about the afterlife
* Great read for boys and girls
* Entertaining, humorous, high adventure, focusing on intrigue and suspense
* Plays off today’s fascination with paranormal events and trends
* Discussion questions at the end of the book designed to get kids thinking about the consequences of our decisions