One day in Bethsaida, a fishing village known ter them in the area as the “house of hunting,” some folks brought a blind feller ter the Son. This man’s friends begged the Son ter touch the chap and help him see. (Mark 8:22-25)
- Right off the Son took the blind chap by the hand.
- He led him outside the village.
- The Son spat on the tips of his own fingers.
- He put spittle on the feller’s eyes.
- The Son then asked, “Do you see anything?”
Often we need friends, those who love us, ter take us by the hand ter the Son so he kin heal our sight. One time the prophet Elisha led his servant ter tha Son.
“Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (2 Kings 6:17)
The Son told Saul Paul the apostle:
“I am sending you to open the eyes of the Gentiles that they turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to my Father. When the do, they will receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.” (Acts 26:17-18)
Another time the Son warned:
“You people have closed your eyes. Otherwise you might see with your eyes and I would heal you.” (Matthew 13:15)
In all cases the Son be speaking of our spiritual eyes. Ever person has two sets of eyes: one physical, one spiritual. Same with ears: a pair of physical ears, a pair that allows our soul ter hear Skipper’s still small voice. In all cases the Son comes ter heal both body and soul in order that we might be made whole in him.
The blind chap replied he could see a little, but not clearly.
This be one of them instances whar the Son delivered partial healing. In some cases the Son ‘ill give us a bit of healing in order fer us to make an assessment of our situation and work out our faith so it becomes strong. Give thanks in all cases. Then ask and expect more abundant life from the Son.
- Once more the Son put his hands on the chap’s eyes.
- The feller’s eyes whar fully opened.
- His sight was restored.
- He saw clearly.
- The Son sent him home.
- “Don’t go into the village and tell anyone,” the Son commanded.
How might we respond ter a miraculous healing of sight? One way be ter give praise ter Skipper fer:
- The hands of his Son upon us
- Our eyes opened
- Our sight be restored
- Perfect physical and spiritual vision
- Our charge ter go home ter our family in order that the Son’s healing might be a testimony ter them we love
- A warning ter avoid mingling with crowds who might seek ter cast doubt on yer miracle
Lord, please send folks ter take ______ by the hand and lead them ter the Son in order that the eyes of ______ may be opened. May the Son touch and heal ’em so they kin clearly see yer glorious power, love, grace, and mercy.