Who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver. – Malachi 3:2-3
I the Lord do not change. Malachi 3:6
“Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty. – Malachi 3:7
But you have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What do we gain by carrying out his requirements?” – Malachi 3:14
- Because you have not worshiped me, you will not worship in my house.
- Because you have not learned from me, you will not learn.
- Because you have not gathered in my name, you will not gather together.
- Because you have not sought healing from me, you will not be healed.
- Because you have deprived justice, I will put you on trial.
- Because you have not obeyed my laws, lawless men will rule over you.
- Because you do not fear me, you will fear the wicked.
“Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel. . . And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.” Malachi 3:18, 4:4
“Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them on fire,” says the Lord Almighty. “Not a root or a branch will be left to them.” – Malachi 4:1
“So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty. – Malachi 3:5