“What do you want me to do for you?”
That be tha question tha Sun asks us. Think on this story a wee little bit. One day tha Sun and his disciples came ter Jericho. As they be leaving tha city a blind man named Bart asked what be happening. Fellers in tha crowd told him that tha Sun be passing by. “
Seeing as how this probably be his last and only chance, Blind Bart called, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
But them in tha crowd rebuked him and told Blind Bart to hush up. Only right then tha Sun stopped and called Bart.
At that moment tha fellers went ter Blind Bart and said, “Cheer up! Jesus of Nazareth is calling you!”
Blind Bart jumped ter his feet and came ter tha Sun saying, “Rabbi, I want to see.”
Many a day we be like Blind Bart. We be sitting on tha outside, desperate fer healing and help. Ter day make it yer task ter:
- Watch fer tha Sun ter pass by.
- Be on guard fer those who suppose ter be followers of tha Sun ter block yer way, discourage ya, and keep ya from getting ter tha Sun.
- At tha same time listen fer others ter encourage ya by saying things like, “Cheer up! He is calling ya!”
- Be ready ter present yer pleas ter tha Sun.
- Be prepared ter believe tha Sun ‘as answered yer request.
- Expect instant answers. Might not always be tha case, but some times tha Sun ‘ill heal and help right off quick as a flash.
After Blind Bart told tha Sun what he wanted, tha Sun said, “Go. Your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight. From then on Blind Bart followed tha Sun up tha road. When all tha folk seen it, they praised Skipper.
Ter day make it yer task ter watch fer tha Sun passing by, fer we ne’er know when tha Sun ‘ill call us ter come close and walk with him.