“What do you want me to do for you?”
That be tha question tha Son asks us. Think on this story a wee little bit. One day tha Son and his disciples came ter Jericho. As they be leaving tha city a blind man named Bart asked what be happening. Fellers in tha crowd told him that tha Son be passing by. “
Seeing as how this probably be his last and only chance, Blind Bart called, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
But them in tha crowd rebuked him and told Blind Bart to hush up. Only right then tha Son stopped and called Bart.
At that moment tha fellers went ter Blind Bart and said, “Cheer up! Jesus of Nazareth is calling you!”
Blind Bart jumped ter his feet and came ter tha Son saying, “Rabbi, I want to see.”
Many a day we be like Blind Bart. We be sitting on tha outside, desperate fer healing and help. Ter day make it yer task ter:
- Watch fer tha Son ter pass by.
- Be on guard fer those who suppose ter be followers of tha Son ter block yer way, discourage ya, and keep ya from getting ter tha Son.
- At tha same time listen fer others ter encourage ya by saying things like, “Cheer up! He is calling ya!”
- Be ready ter present yer pleas ter tha Son.
- Be prepared ter believe tha Son ‘as answered yer request.
- Expect instant answers. Might not always be tha case, but some times tha Son ‘ill heal and help right off quick as a flash.
After Blind Bart told tha Son what he wanted, tha Son said, “Go. Your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight. From then on Blind Bart followed tha Son up tha road. When all tha folk seen it, they praised Skipper.
Ter day make it yer task ter watch fer tha Son passing by, fer we ne’er know when tha Son ‘ill call us ter come close and walk with him.