You have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. – 1 Peter 1:23 (1 Peter 1:22-25)
Tha word of Skipper stands fer all time. Through tha living and enduring word of Skipper, ye ‘ave been born from imperishable seed. And if ye ‘ave been born anew with tha seed that comes through tha living and enduring word of Skipper. As such, behave as sound crew.
- Ready yer minds fer action, me hearties!
- Be self-controlled, like a savvy sailor in the midst of a storm.
- Place yer hope fully on the grace of the Son. His grace ‘ill steer ye through treacherous seas.
- Don’ be shaped by the evil desires ye had when ye whar ignorant. Back then ye be like a ship lost without a compass. Know ye know the Son’s ways, so set yer sails as such.
- Be holy in all yer doings, me hearties! When ye need a good rinsing, pray this prayer:
“Lord, when I’m not holy, have yer Spirit point out where I be fallin’ short. Change me ter be holy. Give me yer mind. Reshape me into yer image. Amen.”
- Live in reverent fear of Skipper. He made the heavens and earth, sea and stars. He made fellers in his image. Ne’er ferget: he gives life and he takes life. He can sweep us overboard with the flick of his finger or a gust of wind.
- Obey the truth, fer Skipper’s words are as true as the North Star. The Son is Truth. When ye obey the truth, when ye honor and believe Skipper’s word.The truth in his words purifies ye like a deep dip in the sea and a fresh scubbin of lye soap.
- Love all in Skipper’s crew deeply. Love from yer heart. Be real in love. If ye find it hard ter show love ter a feller or lass, pray this prayer:
“Lord, I’ve been born again by yer imperishable seed. This was done through the living and enduring word of you. Yer word stands forever. Yer words are life. I do not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from yer mouth. Place in me the love fer others that you ‘ave fer ’em. Amen!”
Ne’er ferget: ye whar redeemed from yer empty life by tha precious blood of tha Son, a lamb without blemish. Tha Son ne’re broke a one of Skipper’s commands. He be perfect in all he done. Through his Holy Ghost of Truth we kin also live a full life and be perfect as Skipper be perfect.
This be our charge from tha Son: “Go! Be perfect through tha indwelling power of my Holy Ghost of Truth.” (Matthew 5:48)
Go, then, and grow from a holy seed in ter that perfect character of tha Son.